Language Sensei is a forum for me to explore both teaching an MFL (modern foreign language) and work to integrate/explore technology both in my classroom and for personal development. It has been my project for the past 2 (almost) years and it is the contact into the greater PLN that I have enjoyed the most. The people who take the time to comment, Tweet and Facebook ‘like’ only serve to confirm to me that we, as teachers, are at our best when we collaborate to learn (and share with others). So what were Language Sensei’s most ‘popular’ posts of the year?
MFL/Foreign Language Teaching:
No. 1 Conversation Circles…or “I spoke in the TL for 45 Minutes?!” – ideas/tips for conversation circles in class
- Keys For Using Student Self-Evaluation in Discussions… – students assessment/reflection on learning
- Using the Power of the “Pair” – two can be more powerful for one’s learning
- Taking the Time to Ask “How’s it going?” – learning by asking students to assess their learning
- Two Ways To “Power” Up MFL Students’ Learning – encouraging risk and supporting study
- Visual Learning – Visual Cues – using key visuals to reinforce learning
No. 1 Homework? A Quick Phone-Recorded Conversation Please! – using smart phones/digital recorders to demonstrate learning
- Blogging? Me? Answers to 3 Reluctant Blogger’s Questions – why you should be blogging too!
- A New “Sense” of Direction….Street View – using Street View in your direction unit
- I Signed Up for Twitter…Now What? – tips to make the Twitter PLN work for you
- From Lurking to Listing to Chat – The Twitter Journey – stages in your PLN journey
- “Connected”? Let Me Count The Ways… – reflections during “Connected Educator Month”
I am looking forward to where Language Sensei will take me in 2014 and welcome the comments/suggestions that come from my PLN. If you want to connect more as a modern foreign language teacher why not join in on #langchat? We ‘meet’ Thursday at 8pm and information on the how and when can be found here.
Happy 2014! I’m looking forward to another great year.